Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Torres del Paine National Park- Patagonia, Chile




This national park is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It has inspired many works and has influenced my sensibilities. The colors, majesty and natural beauty remain in m y mind's eye.

Here I am showing you some of the photographs I took and then some of the mixed media art I created after the trip. The top image is titled Icy Andes and the next photograph if from the park so the mountains are not the Andes but the Torres del Paines. The next image is Blue Shadow, reflecting the glacial water and the vast mountains as does the photgraph belw. As an artist, I am not interested in recreating a replica of the actual scene. I use it as a reference point and then create from my mind's eye the feeling or memory I have.

1 comment:

  1. Linda Dubin Garfield, you are a wonderful artist. I really like your work.

    ReplyDelete