Monday, March 5, 2012

Bye, Bye Barcelona

Today is the last day of our long journey and our stay in Barcelona. To top off my Gaudi bonanza which included La Pedrera which I visited yesterday (pictured below), we visited Park Guell also designed by Gaudi. What a fantastic public space, using fantasy, light and natural resources as he always does-with creative abandon!

The Hotel Colon is situated in the Gothic section across from the cathedral which is a great location for
many reasons. It is convenient to many sites, close to several Metro stations, as well as near a great art gallery- Villa del Arte Gallery, Calle Tapineria 39' http://www.villadelarte.com. Michelle is a wonderful gallerist who will help you find the art you want or the artist you love.

It is hard to believe the two weeks here in Barcelona are over and that it has been over nine weeks that I have been traveling. I am ready to go home, but there are a few things I did not get to do here in Spain and I could use a few more days. I guess I will save them
for the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment