Friday, August 21, 2009

Earth Waves




These two monotypes are the current work I am doing from a series titled Earth Waves which are from my mind's eye, based on all the mountain ranges I have seen, influenced by the new landscape installation by Maya Lin called Earthfield at Storm King in New York which I blogged about in my last post. My husband goes to the water for solace and to recharge while I seek the mountains.

I am trying to combine mountain and ocean, earth and water, in these imaginative land/water scapes by using techniques which cause the ink to bubble up and create a water effect while creating a visual mountainous image.

Several images from this series of work will be shown in March 2010 both in the ARTsisters Group Show at the Widener University Art Gallery and at Da Vinci Art Alliance show in Confluence as part of Philigrafika 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment