Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Costa Rica- Magical Rain Forest



The beauty and lushness of the tropical rain forest is amazing. Everything is bursting with life and energy. The color, freshness, and vitality awakens you to a heightened level.

This first mixed media print in the series "Pura Vida," inspired by my travels in Costa Rica, is a multi-media experiment. I knew I wanted to do something more than I had done before to express what I had seen and experienced on my visit to Costa Rica. I have combined digital photography, monotype traditional printmaking, colored pencil drawing, chine colle, collage, as well as pastel to create a fantasy rain forest replete with the butterflies and lush greenery that remain forever in my mind's eye.

Image: Magical Rain Forest, Mixed Media by Linda Dubin Garfield

1 comment: