Monday, March 21, 2011

Emerging Spring- The ART of Nature and Flowers








I just returned from a visit to Atlanta and spent a lovely afternoon at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, a favorite spot of mine. Atlanta Blooms! is the current show and boy! is it dazzling- 200,000 bulbs are blooming- tulips and daffodils abound. Also, the annual Orchid Daze exhibition makes a splash with thousands of lovely orchids floating against the backdrop of dramatic water features.

This visit and my recent visit to the Philadelphia Flower Show created a desire for spring that could not wait until the weather turned warm. I had to create my own personal spring in my studio. I created the series "Emerging Spring" using vivid colors,lots of green, floral papers and an optimistic outlook hoping for warm breezes by the time I was finished.

Images from the top are mixed media works on paper: the series Emerging Spring 1 through 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment