Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vermont Studio Center- Here I Am!










It took over 5 hours to get to Providence, Rhode Island to stay at my sister's overnight and then another over 5 hour trip from there to Johnson, Vermont to get to the Vermont Studio Center so when I hit Vermont Route 15 (top photo), I was thrilled not only but the scenery but glad to know I was on the last leg of a very long journey. I turned right onto Pearl Street, expecting to go far and found the Red Barn (photos above) right there!! What a treat! I was in center city Johnson, not in the suburbs. The Vermont Studio Center is in 31 buildings all over town. The Gihon River runs right through the town, next to the Red Barn, a major building of the Center. As buildings became available, they were bought and rehabbed. The photos above show various buildings used as studios or dorms.In later posts, I will show you my actual studio. My dorm was Diney House the third photo from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment