Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Myanmar- Capturing Your Imagination





There is so much to capture the imagination and win your heart in Myanmar. The scenery is beautiful, the culture interesting and the people warm and friendly. Many images stay with you forever. When we went in February 2012, Hillary Clinton had just visited and tourism was on the verge of opening up. It was still difficult to get a visa and was a cash only society- no checks or credit cards. Of course, we did not know this before we left. Beside that, they did not like our cash- not pretty enough . Some of it wasn't new and pristine so the money changers rejected it. Therefore, we were on a limited budget while we were there!

Over the next several posts, I will be sharing photographs and stories about my trip. I look forward to sharing it with you. I has taken me a while to go through the photographs and organize them. I have several ideas for art projects based on this trip. One involves Aung San Suu Kyi whom I have been following for years. Coincidentally she is currently in the US receiving the Congressional medal she was awarded 4 years ago but could not receive because she was on house arrest. We did ride by her house is Yangon (formerly Rangoon) and I will show you pictures of it in future posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment