Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Far From The Familiar- The Amazon River in Peru


Far From the Familiar 1- mixed media

Far From the Familiar 2- mixed media

Far From the Familiar 3- mixed media

Far From the Familiar 4- mixed media

Far From the Familiar 5- mixed media

Far From the Familiar 6- mixed media




This series of mixed media prints was inspired by a trip to the Amazon River in Peru in the winter of 2013. It was very far from what is familiar to me. There was little personal space when we went to see how people lived. They did not have windows or doors. The roofs were made of tin or thatched with palm leaves. The land was lush; the flowers grew everywhere. Leaves on trees were enormous! We traveled everywhere by river. I haven't posted my pictures or written about it yet, but here is one series I made and I am working on another. The colors and images were unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment