Monday, November 2, 2015

From Travel to Art: The Process from Otavalo to Series

How do I interpret the landscapes, people, events of my travel into the art I create when I come home? I take many photographs. I think about the things that had impact on my eyes, my senses. I wait a while to see what stays in my mind's eye. I remember the colors and textures that stand out in my memory.

So the roundness and colors of the fruits and vegetables at the market place


become the colors and textures I use in the art.



The rich volcanic soil that makes this area such perfect farmland




morphs into my interpretation of the patchwork views of farms seen from the Andes' heights.


The indigenous people from Otavalo are famous for weaving textiles, usually made of wool that is sometimes as black as a raven.


The colors and textures of the textiles, the landscape and all my memories become part of the art.


There are 4 more in this series. Visit lindadubingarfield.com to see those and other series inspired by travel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment