Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vermont Studio Center- Artist Residency



I am preparing for a two week Artist Residency at the Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, Vermont the first two weeks in July. Founded by artists in 1984, the VSC is the largest international artists' and writers' residency program in the United States, hosting 50 visual and writing artists each month from across the country and around the world.

The VSC provides 2 to 12 weeks studio residencies on an historic 30 building campus along the Gihon River in Johnson Vermont, an hour and a half north of Burlington, a village, in the heart of the Green MountainI am collecting all the supplies I think I will need to print and create mixed media pieces for two weeks with 24 hour access to a press!! How exciting and exhilarating!! I can't wait. I have several unfinished pieces I am bringing. A few pieces I need to do for the Fringe Festival in September. Some work I started at the Main Line Art Center in June that I want to complete and several ideas for new series I want to implement and then... and then... and then... we'll see what percolates up in the creative environment of artists......

3 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity. I know you will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov on this amazing Residency! 24 hour access... wow. Make sure you remember to sleep once in a while. The synergy of being together with the other 49 people as well as the printing presses, will be unimaginable. Not to mention the beauty of the landscape. Can't wait to see what comes out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the residency, Linda. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete