Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Western Australia- The AWESOME Natural Bridge and Gap

I was most impressed, however, by the visit to Natural Bridge and Gap which had stones over a million years old that are also found in Antarctica, proving that Australia and Antarctica were once connected. In fact, Australia is moving further north 5 centimeters a year. These pictures cannot do justice to the grandeur and beauty of the scene. I know this place will inform my art when I come back. I have already started some preliminary sketches and mock-up collages. I look forward to sharing the new work with you when it is completed in the spring/summer of 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is so beautiful and very interesting. Thanks for sharing these! Enjoy the rest of your trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!!! What an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete