Sunday, September 6, 2009

Early Monotypes



These three monotypes were done in the bathroom a la studio of Casa Luna, the bed and breakfast I stayed in for the week in San Miguel. I brought rice paper and ink with me since it would be easy to hand print. I did not, however, have the proper equipment and need to spray the paper often. Since I did not have a water bottle to spray, I used Off bug spray which seemed work too!

San Miguel's architecture is colonial and the colorful walls were very attractive to me. The top two monotypes refer to them. The town is surrounded by mountains as is reflected in the last monotype which also has pen added as well as printers ink.

Let me tell you about Casa Luna which is a restored 18th century villa with 20-foot high ceilings, two foot thick walls, fountains, and a central courtyard in the center of town, just two blocks from the central plaza or Zocalo.

Here is what Arthur Frommer says:
The owner, Dianne Kushner, has a real talent for bringing together disparate design elements and making them look like they naturally belong together. Most rooms are large and come with a king bed or two twins, down comforters, gas fireplaces, and large bathrooms with shower/tub combinations. Most have private patios. The common areas are lovely and relaxing and get you right into that mañana attitude. Breakfasts are delicious, and cooking classes are sometimes offered.
www.casaluna.com

Images from Top: San Miguel Wall, Wall in San Miguel, Mexican Landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment